This sounded too good to NOT try.....I know it will freeze so make it, eat what you want, freeze and eat the rest at another time.
BTW If I don't have all the ingredients I am going to "fake" it, I don't have a green pepper on hand so no green pepper...tomorrow's supper:-)
By Mike's Goddess
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 8
Chili Cheese Pie
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
"This a quick and easy favorite in our house. You will need either one large
casserole dish or two small ones. The long kind (9x6, I think) will hold the
1 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 (15 ounce) cans prepared chili ( any brand is fine. I use the Wal-Mart brand)
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mild salsa
1 large onion, minced
1 green bell pepper, diced small
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 slices butter ( 3 if you have to use two casserole dishes)
1. Mix egg, sugar, milk and cornbread mix.
2. The box may call for less milk but a half cup makes the batter loose enough for this recipe.
3. Butter your casserole dish and pour in batter. Set it aside.
4. Mix onion, bell peppers, chickpeas, salsa, chili and half the cheese and spoon on top of the corn
5. Top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is browning and bubbling.